New mill secondary tubular products are recognized as an industry standard for use in applications such as bollards, casing, columns, culverts, fencing, piling, rollers, sign poles, supports, water well, etc. Experienced users of these products prefer secondary material for these applications due to stock availability, installation and in-service performance, longstanding use, and lower price.
Learn more about this money-saving tubular option by reading our informative Product Data Sheet.
LALLY MIN-YIELD™ Specification
- This specification covers nominal (average) wall tubular products in sizes up to 26” O.D. made by the Electric Resistance Weld (E.R.W.) or Seamless process. The seams of the welded material are longitudinal.
- This standard is intended for general structural tubular applications for bollards, casing, columns, culverts, fencing, piling, rollers, sign poles, supports, water well, etc.
- This standard does not purport to address all of the safety problems, if any, associated with its use. It is the responsibility of the user of this standard to establish appropriate safety and health practices, and determine the applicability of regulatory limitations prior to use.
- The tubular products were made by major domestic mills using one or more of the following processes: open-hearth, basic-oxygen, or electric-furnace.
- These tubular products were generally produced to Standard Pipe, Line Pipe, or Oil Country Tubular Goods specifications, and then classified as reject or mill seconds.
- We do not know the reasons for these tubular products being rejected by the mills. These tubular products can be rejected by the mills for many reasons such as O.D. dimensions, I.D. or drift dimensions, wall thickness dimensions, chemistry, surface condition, tensile and yield, threads, non-technical issues like order overage, etc. Normally, it will not meet the intended ASTM, API, or customer specification that it was produced to. When these tubular products do not meet the intended specification, the mill classifies the material as reject, and it is shipped to Lally Pipe & Tube facilities.
- We will check the O.D., I.D., wall thickness, straightness, and general surface condition. We will further check for any applicable customer requirements.
- We will verify the physical requirements via one or more Independent Test Report(s) taken from randomly selected samples of Lally Pipe & Tube inventory lot(s). This testing will include chemical analysis per ASTM-E415 and mechanical testing per ASTM-A370 for yield, tensile and elongation.
- Table 1 – LALLY MIN-YIELD™ Specification
|LALLY 35K MIN-YIELD™
|LALLY 42K MIN-YIELD™
|LALLY 45K MIN-YIELD™
|LALLY 50K MIN-YIELD™
|LALLY 80K MIN-YIELD™
Copyright © 2014 Lally Pipe & Tube. All rights reserved.
For more details, please contact our sales group or visit us on the web at www.LallyPipe.com.
Lally Pipe piles is a pipe piles fabricator and distributor that supplies ERW and SEAMLESS steel pipe piling for deep foundation projects in North America.
Steel piling pipe is a structural pipe suitable for applications in buildings, docks, retaining walls, and structures needing a solid, dependable steel piling pipe as its foundation.
Steel pipe piles are designed by engineers to transfer structural loads through the foundation to competent soils below. Pipe piles are especially efficient as friction piles, and in many cases a cost effective option to end bearing H-Piles.
Lally is America’s largest single source of New Secondary, Structural, and Limited Service Tubular Products and customized solutions. We fabricate and stock our tubular products at several U.S.-based facilities in a wide variety of sizes up to 24” O.D. And we offer essential services like beveling, cutting to length, splicing to length, attaching conical points and end plates, and O.D. coatings.
Lally Pipe Piling options handily beat Mill options when it comes down to the lowest support cost per ton. And it’s the Greenest option too. So contact us when you are looking for:
- Steel Pipe Piles
- Rushed Construction Schedule
- Tough Driving Conditions
- High Strength Materials
- Pile Set-Up
- Increased Pile Loads
- Lowest Support Cost Per Ton
- Greenest Options
Learn more at www.LallyPiles.com.
Steel Casing Pipe
Lally Pipe & Tube is America’s largest single source of steel casing pipe for horizontal and vertical steel casing applications. Since 1933, we have supplied casing pipe and large diameter steel pipe for projects such as:
- Auger Boring
- Coal Mine Drilling
- Culvert Rehabilitation
- Directional Drilling
- Drilled Shafts
- Elevator Shafts
- Fiber Optic
- Horizontal Boring
- Horizontal Ramming
- Jacking & Tunneling
- Limited Service
- Open Cut
- Pipe Jacking
- Pipe Ramming
- Railroad Boring
- Rammed Steel Pipe
- Road Boring
- Smooth Wall
- Threaded Water Well
- Water Well
Lally specializes in cut-to-length and spliced-to-length pipe casing in sizes up to 24” O.D. from inventory. Lally stocks over 120,000 tons of New Secondary, Structural, and Limited Service tubular products for quick delivery from full-service yards in AL, AR, KY, OH and TX.
We also offer quality rolled and welded steel casing pipe in sizes up to 168” diameter from rollings-on a short lead time basis.
More information is available at www.LallyPipe.com.
Water Well Casing Pipe
Since 1933, Lally Pipe & Tube has been a major supplier of steel water well casing pipe to the North American water well industry. We’ve supplied thousands of projects with both plain end and threaded casing. Lally is the water well casing Pipexperts® you need in your supplier toolbox.
Every day, we help people just like you with well casing in sizes up to 24” O.D. As a distributor and fabricator, we have enormous inventories on hand for quick delivery from full-service yards in AL, AR, KY, OH and TX.
Lally offers water well products and services including:
- Steel Water Well Casing
- Beveled Ends
- Threaded and Coupled Casing
- Hydro Testing
- Full Length Drifting
- Surface Preparation
- New Secondary, Structural, and Limited Service Grades
- LALLY MIN-YIELD™ Specification
- LALLY MIN-YIELD™ Limited Service Water Well Specification
For more information visit www.LallyWaterWell.com.
Taper Tube Type Pile Extensions on Lally Pipe Piles
We received a call the other day from a customer asking us if we can attach taper tube type pile extensions to Lally Steel Pipe Piles? Our answer was, “Yes, of course, we can.” Then we realized that you might not know that either. That’s the reason for this quick blog post.
We can attach your taper tube type pile extensions to Lally Pipe Piles, and deliver the finished piles to your job site. That means you don’t need to run around coordinating all those tricky things at once.
We also attach conical points, end plates, and other piling accessories to Lally Pipe Piling.
Lally has enormous inventories of New Secondary, Structural, and Limited Service tubular products on hand for quick delivery from our very own full-service yards in AL, AR, KY, OH and TX. Which means if you need something in a hurry, we just may be able to make it happen quicker than you think.
For more information visit www.LallyPiles.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.